This model is a replica of the 1968 design of NGV International by Roy Grounds.
The NGV was founded in 1861 and holds the title of both Australia’s oldest and most visited public art museum.
Marking the fiftieth anniversary of the National Gallery of Victoria’s relocation from the site of the State Library in Swanston Street to St Kilda Road, the new NGV building designed by architect Roy Grounds opened in August 1968, providing a new permanent home for the NGV’s renowned collection and a location for temporary exhibitions. Grounds’ design gave Melbourne an internationally significant example of mid-century Brutalist architecture.
Designed in collaboration with Gin & Apathy. Made in Melbourne by Redman and Croke.
Exclusive to the National Gallery of Victoria.
Contains everything necessary to build the model pictured.
No tools required. Although they can assist.
Made from Bamboo.
Size of assembled model 170 x 175 x 22mm.
Contains small parts. Not suitable for children.